Share this blog
- Rise and Grind.. 😉 22 hours ago
- Always fun & calm.. @skytingyoga @districtvision getting me ready for the @nycmarathon 🍎 namaste 🙏🏽 @circa95 #circa95athletics @WRUCREW 5 days ago
- Running has changed my life.. in so many positive ways... 🙋🏽 u should try it! Come run🏃🏽♀️with me.. @circa95 #circa95athletics @WRUCREW ☺️ 5 days ago
- Surprising myself everyday.. we have the power! Don’t give up! ☺️🦋🌻 5 days ago
- @_joseolivarez Go for a Run! 😉 5 days ago
- circa95.blogspot.com @circa95 6 days ago
- Work hard. Be nice. 1 week ago
- Long run Sunday.. 16miles 🍏 #juicepress #willrunforjuice #jprunclub #nikenyc instagram.com/p/BZ_NxRWg4M6/ 1 week ago
- 1,422 hits
- #FITresolution to get better… Especially during track... December 23, 2015#FITresolution to get better… Especially during track nights. Hope to improve my pace & overall just get fit & heathy. Been eating clean all month.. Seeing my extra weight come off…. Working all winter for the summer.. Thanks for the inspiration & motivation, #circa95athletics @circa95 @rephstar @flicksnkicks @wrucrew @hecisdead @equinox @sassyfi […]
- Met a ninja this morning… He put me on to this #book..... December 22, 2015Met a ninja this morning… He put me on to this #book.. Said its a must read. Gotta find it. 🎎 @rephstar #bookworm #read
- Happy #Sunday… #teatime #inspo .. ❤️ December 20, 2015Happy #Sunday… #teatime #inspo .. ❤️
- This weekend join us!! 🎄☃❄️💫@tooflynyc X @ladiesloveproject ... December 8, 2015This weekend join us!! 🎄☃❄️💫@tooflynyc X @ladiesloveproject Holiday Pop-Up Shop! ( TOOFLY ) Sat Dec 12th ( Ladies Love Project & the Fellas ) December 13th, 2015 12PM - 8PM @ Rebelution Ink 560 Grand Street Brooklyn NYC L trains to Lorimer G trains to Metropolitan Ave. www.rebelutionink.com ::: Vendors::: TOOFLY / CIRCA ‘95 / JUNKPRINTS / ROKAFELLA / SMO […]
- Ready for #Zumbafest .. Stay fit & healthy by doing things... December 5, 2015Ready for #Zumbafest .. Stay fit & healthy by doing things you love.. & don’t forget to smile! #wrucrew #circa95athletics .. #KeepItMovingPatty #FitPatty #GoPatty #PattyRunsNYC #transformation #fitchick #fit #fitness #fitfam #fitspo #nikenyc #nikewomen 😚 (at Harlem, Newyork City)
- #FITresolution to get better… Especially during track... December 23, 2015
Tag Archives: BrooklynImage
I will be in Brooklyn on Thursday night for a wonderful cause. Join me as I rock the mic with my group @circa95.
Women Love the World: A three day festival and fundraiser celebrating women artist-activists and their contributions to bettering our world community.
A festival co-curated by Caits Meissner, Karla Rodriguez and Lehna Huie, featuring a visual art exhibition, art for social change panel, short film screenings, live music, poetry and on-site activism engagement. Held during Women’s History Month, on March 20-22, 2013 at LaunchPad Brooklyn, WLTW is dedicated to the journeys of women artists who live as activists, healing our world daily.
Participating artists include:
Art Exhibition: Monique Schubert, Jessica Ann Peavy, Micaela Anaya, Kameelah Janan Rasheed, Zozan Kotan, Tschabalala Self, Akeema-Zane and Lehna Huie
Film Screenings & Music: Lisa Russell, Nikyatu Jusu, Maya Azucena, Circa ’95, Shira E., Esmeralda Love and DJ Chela.
Poetry Readings: Brooklyn Poet Laureate Tina Chang, Tonya Foster, Cheryl Boyce Taylor, Angel Nafis, Tahani Salah and Caits Meissner.
Circa ’95 will be performing on Thursday, March 21st.
Screenings : 7:45pm-8:30pm (Lisa & Nikyatu)
– Esmeralda Love
– Shira E
– Circa 95
– Maya Azucena
Back in 2008, I had the opportunity to be the production coordinator and assistant to the community relation efforts for the production of COUNTY OF KINGS, a one-man show written and performed by Tony award winning poet Lemon Andersen. The play was produced by Spike Lee and directed by Elise Theron. Presented by The Culture Project, Steve Coleman, Jayson Jackson and Tom Wirtshafter. The play was performed at The Public Theater and in venues throughout the country. A truly wonderful and educational experience, I’m grateful, appreciative and totally proud to have been a part of the team. During the process of the development of the play, Lemon was followed by some amazing filmmakers (Beth and Laura) who where working on a documentary about his life. The film is finally out and it’s called LEMON. Props to Russell Simmons for executive producing. The film features music by hip-hop artists like Kanye West, Mos Def, Talib Kweli and Aloe Blacc. LEMON the movie is airing on PBS this month and will be available for DVD.
You might even notice some familiar faces… =)
::: HERE ARE THE DETAILS :::
LEMON The Movie will be airing nationwide on the PBS Voces series on 10/19/2012 at 10pm so make sure to tune in and watch!!!
Also, the film (with some great bonus features) will be released on DVD & VOD in major retail outlets including Amazon, Netflix, Barnes & Noble and many others starting 10/16/2012.
SO HERE IS A SPECIAL DEAL FOR ALL MY CIRCA ’95 Friends –
I am happy to offer you a special “friends of LEMON” $3-off discount if you order the DVD from Cinema Libre Store (http://store.cinemalibrestore.com/lemondvd.html) using the following code during checkout: Lemon2012. Offer good until 11/16/12, So get your copy today!! =)
Make sure to follow @CIRCA95 on twitter, we will be giving away some copies of the LEMON DVD and the winner could be you!
::: TWEET THIS MESSAGE TO WIN :::
@Circa95 Hook Me up, I want to WIN a FREE copy of @LemonTheMovie airing on @PBS 10/19 at 10pm.
Congratulations to the entire Lemon The Movie team !
We hope young people are inspired and motivated to share their own stories.